Thank you so much for registering for Rocking Your Product Shots 2013. We are so excited to begin this journey with you!
The course starts on October 7th 2013. We will email you a day or so before we get started to give you your login details and outline how the course will work.
The course will run over 4 weeks, with each week focusing on an assignment to get you thinking about how best to get killer product photos.
A little about how it will work:
- Every Monday, an introduction to the topic and your assignment will be posted to the group’s password protected blog. Your assignment will be a small task to get you exploring the topic in question. Extra posts and videos will be published on Wednesdays or Fridays.
- Class discussions and sharing of the assignments will take place on the private RYPS Flickr and Facebook groups. Details of how to join on the class site.
- On Friday, we will come back together on the blog with a plenary of the week’s assignment and with some additional ideas to get your creative juices flowing over the weekend.
- Kat M and Kat G will be available for consultation throughout the course.
- At the end of the 4 weeks, you will be able to download the course’s eBook for future reference on your photographic journey.
- The blog posts will be available on the site for 6 weeks after the course finishes.
What is Flickr?
Flickr is a free online photo sharing site. It has a range of options to allow privacy protection and sharing.
To Open a New Account:
1. Go to http://www.flickr.com and click on “Sign Up Now”
2. Choose how you want to login. You can sign in with yahoo, Facebook, or Google accounts or create a new yahoo account.
3. On the ‘Make a new Flickr Account’ page, choose your Flickr screen name and click ‘Create a new account’.
How much time will the course take?
The course is written for busy people. The course is centred around twice weekly blog posts and assignments. We would encourage you to take the time to do the assignments to help with your understanding of the topic, but we will leave it totally up to you. The blog posts will be available for a few weeks after the course has ended.
My place was a gift, do I need to do anything?
You lucky thing! If your course was purchased by someone else drop us a line quoting their email so we know which email address to adjust on the class list.
What equipment will I need?
A point and shoot to a DSLR. We will cover some basic equipment tips on the course, but these are optional, not required. We will also show you some editing shortcuts specifically for Lightroom. While most of your editing can be done in a free programme like Pic Monkey (which we will also cover), Lightroom has the capability to really speed up your product photography workflow. You can download a free 30-day trial here if you wish.
Want to let people know you’re attending?
Grab the code above and you can add your student badge to your sidebar.
Looking forward to shooting with you.
Kat Goldin & Kat Molesworth x