Thank you so much for registering for Shooting Stories!
You now have access to the private class site.
Your password is: birdhouseinyoursoul
A little about the class structure:
- Each module is split into three parts with an assignment to help you practice your skills.
- You can approach the modules weekly or at whatever pace suits you.
- You can ask questions, connect with other students and share photos in the closed class Facebook and Vimeo groups.
What about privacy and safety of my videos?
The safety of any images, particularly those of our children, is of the utmost importance. The Shooting Stories Vimeo group will be private to course members. You have complete control over how you share your images, with the option to opt out of the sharing element all together. We have chosen Vimeo as a tool for this course as it enables film to be made to private and only shared with the course participants.
What is Vimeo?
Vimeo is a free online video sharing platform.
How to sign up to Vimeo:
- Head to Vimeo.com and select ‘create an account’
- Enter your name, email and password, accept the terms of service and click join.
- Vimeo will show you the paid options – you should not need these so scroll down and select ‘Try Vimeo for free with a Basic Account*’
- You’re in! From here you can adjust your account settings using the ‘me’ tab at the top.
- You have the option to make your videos only visible to those within our group should you wish.
What equipment will I need?
You will need a camera that can capture movie clips, preferably HD (most cameras and even some phones should fit the bill). Essentially you can use nothing more but some things which may come in handy are: a tripod. Editing software: we will look into free software Windows Live Movie Maker and iMovie for PC and Mac respectively.
Kat Goldin & Kat Molesworth x