Here at Capturing Childhood, we love Lightroom for its workflow and ease of editing. Its a powerful tool that allows for easy editing and, importantly, your original files remain intact. One of the best ways to get started with the programme is by using presets, essentially preloaded edits for your RAW photos. Kat G uses Lightroom for all of her personal and commercial photography and has spent the last few years fine tuning her edits to make her photos stand out.
The Black and White collection offers 5 monochrome conversions for your RAW files, giving you a range of options for editing your files. Once installed, Lightroom lets you add your presets to your files with a simple click of a button.
How to install the presets:
1. Unzip your download and save them somewhere you will be able to find them.
2.Open Lightroom and go to the Develop module. In the menu bar, click Develop and go to “New Preset Folder”
3. Name your folder and click “Create”
4. Once you have set up a new folder, find it in the preset window and right click on it, then click “import”.
5. Locate your saved presets, select them and click “Import”
6. Your presets are installed and ready to use. They can be adjusted as normal, using the sliders.
Lightroom Presets Terms and Conditions:
Presets are for personal use only.
Distribution or reselling of the presets is strictly prohibited.
Presets are designed to work with Lightroom 4 and may not function as intended or at all in other versions of Lightroom.
© Kat Goldin and Kat Molesworth 2012