Thank you so much for registering for Manual Overdrive – it’s time to get to know your camera!
You now have access to the private class site.
Your password is: hiphiphooray
A little about the class structure:
- Each module is split into three parts with an assignment to help you practice your skills.
- You can approach the modules weekly or at whatever pace suits you.
- You can ask questions, connect with other students and share photos in the closed class Facebook and Flickr groups.
What about privacy and safety of my images?
The safety of any images, particularly those of our children, is of the utmost importance. The Manual Overdrive Flickr group will be private to course members. You have complete control over how you share your images, with the option to opt out of the sharing element all together. We have chosen Flickr as a tool for this course as it enables photos to be made to private and only shared with the course participants (or only the Kats, as you see fit).
What is Flickr?
Flickr is a free online photo sharing site. It has a range of options to allow privacy protection and sharing.
To Open a New Account:
1. Go to http://www.flickr.com and click on “Sign Up Now”
2. Choose how you want to login. You can sign in with yahoo, Facebook, or Google accounts or create a new yahoo account.
3. On the ‘Make a new Flickr Account’ page, choose your Flickr screen name and click ‘Create a new account’.
How much time will the course take?
The course is written for busy people. The course is centred around bitesize blog posts and assignments. We would encourage you to take the time to do the assignments to help with your understanding of the topic, but we will leave it totally up to you.
My place was a gift, do I need to do anything?
You lucky thing! If your course was purchased by someone else drop us a line quoting their email so we know which email address to adjust on the class list.
What equipment will I need?
You will need your DSLR. Essentially you can use nothing more but some things which may come in handy are: a tripod and editing software (we recommend Adobe Lightroom 4 or 5).
Want to let people know you’re attending?
Grab the code above and display a student badge in your sidebar.
Any other questions please get in touch via the contact form or the email address on your invoice.
Kat Goldin & Kat Molesworth x